LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | | Subject:Cibecue airstrip Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
lmurrayReply: posted - 25 April 2020 19:50
Thanks for the report, Steve.

Lee

Steve KoernerStart of thread: posted - 25 April 2020 6:44
I checked out Cibecue on the ground two days ago. Though I doubt it's been used by airplanes in a long time, this important dirt strip looks to be in good shape. It's very long and very wide. I did not see ruts. There were a very few tall weeds but they were a wispy type that would not cause any difficulty.

A few cow pies present suggest that you'd have to watch for cattle. Likewise, there's lots of wild horses in the area. Even so, the field is so long that no matter where the animals were positioned, you'd have room to land.

Cibecue is sloped significantly up to the east. Land east unless you're sure of west wind.

Access is an issue. Google correctly guides to the dirt road Cibecue airport turnoff. There are no signs there. A heavy wire is stretched between trees across the road near the highway turnoff. That will require pliers to unwrap. Then, 1/4 mile up the dirt road, you come to a locked gate with a heavy chain that might be challenging to cut without a pretty serious bolt cutter. The alternatives, of course, are to try to get to a local authority with the key or to disassemble the gate with wrenches and pliers.

Log on to post a reply !