LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | ┬Ąt_page=1 | Subject:El Tiro Memorial Weekend Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
mumbergerReply: posted - 27 May 2019 7:51
I misread the schedule and though the ASA race this weekend had be canceled. I plan to be there on Tuesday, as Line Chief, for the OLC Challenge and fly the next day.

-Martin

Steve KoernerReply: posted - 26 May 2019 18:13
For the record, the engine bay opening happened about 1/3 into the flight and it produced a huge amount of added drag. I might well have been beaten by a 40 year old 1-26 with good seals.

Anyway I have a new cover panel fabricated now. I'm thinking I'll be coming down again on Tuesday and staying a few days.

It was fun flying at El Tiro for the first time in a long while for me.

Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 25 May 2019 23:06
So intersting weekend start to the OLC weekend, GW called the task on Friday of TAT, Sasco 20, Wilcox, 20 and return for a nominal of 225 or so, and CH blew the doors off of GW, no literally, he lost his engine bay door at some point! And not that Im not impressed that a 25 year old glider was able to beat a "A" model Jonkers JS3 (Purely luck in bad conditions) it made me appreciate the fact that weather is the real power in this sport :) We had another tough day on Sat as the wind is picking up and probably looking like no fly on Sunday. So the plan is to go look at the landout options and ground retrieve locations tomorrow! But future weather looks good for Tuesday and beyond! Hope to see you all at the glider port!

CH Ventus B
"If were all just dust in the wind, I want to be at the top of a HUGE Dust Devil"

Christopher AniolReply: posted - 22 May 2019 11:26
CA1 will be there early Saturday.
RandyStart of thread: posted - 22 May 2019 9:29
I would like to thank everyone that is coming to El Tiro this weekend. You will need to fill out the membership form at www.tucsonsoaring.org Please note guest membership on your app. Fees are $50 for membership plus tows. Check for membership and anticipated tows when you sign up is appreciated. Dinner on Friday is at the Circle S Saloon, pay as you go. Dinner on Saturday is Chuy's Killer chicken on the deck at El Tiro. Chicken, rice, beans, tortillas, cole slaw. Appetizers, sides or deserts are appreciated. The weather is looking great for this weekend. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. 52O-44O-58OO or randyacree at comcast.net

Randy Acree "AV8"

Log on to post a reply !