LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | | Subject:ASA races in EL Tiro Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 4 September 2018 18:02
Those who did not come down missed some great xc weather at ElTiro. Friday being the weakest with 8 flying a tat task with baboquvari peak 10 mile, 20 around Mt Wrightson, 10 around Ryan and 15 around biosphere. 188 nominal, I barely nudged out Acree who was just 30 points behind. Both Scott Jones and Greg Hodges completed the task and Chuck Pinney got low after Biosphere and had to land at Marana. Admittedly it got quite quiet in the turn area around Biosphere and was difficult to get in and out.

Saturday and Sunday the weather was difficult to guess so did OLC racing and had two really good days with several 500+ km and Sunday was the second longest flight of the year for me. Dinners on each night at Joes, Chuys at the field, and Dave Lowes everything being excellent. So many thanks to Holly and Randy, Dave and Anne, and Joe and Teresa for all the wonderful hospitality. A good time was had by all!

On a lesser note, I have canceled the weekend at Sampley for the 22, 23rd of September as our Tow plane/pilot and I will not be able to make it and I had very little interest in people showing up. Maybe next year. Hope to see you all at the gliderport :)

CH Ventus B
"If were all just dust in the wind, I want to be at the top of a HUGE Dust Devil"

Steve KoernerReply: posted - 29 August 2018 20:41
GW will fly out of Estrella Friday -- maybe see some El Tiro flyers from the air. Saturday is looking a lot better now, but I'm not going to make it down to El Tiro.
Cliff HiltyStart of thread: posted - 26 August 2018 16:32
Hello Race Fans. Time for another fun race classic. Weather is shaping up for some good xc this coming weekend at El Tiro. We are flying Friday thru Sunday possibly Monday depending on participation.

I am looking for a volunteer to set up a pot luck (ie buy and cook the meat) with the ASA paying for the meat and a side dish for Saturday night after flying. All are welcome! And also someone who wants to CD the flying on Saturday and Sunday. Preferably someone with local racing knowledge. I will attempt to score it using winscore for those wishing a more formal racing format. Please post on the ASA website or let me know if you and your guests are coming for the saturday night BBQ so we can plan ahead.

Fly far fly fast and dont land out!
Thanks and hope to see you all at the gliderport.

Log on to post a reply !