LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | ┬Ąt_page=1 | Subject:Status at Turf? El Tiro? Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
Steve KoernerReply: posted - 4 July 2017 10:57
Thanks Joe. I used to be able to log into schedule now but my credentials don't work anymore. I guess I should address that problem and I'd better know what's going on at El Tiro.

Right now, weather in the high country is looking super-awesome for tomorrow (wed).

jsilvasiReply: posted - 4 July 2017 8:48
For up to minute info on the towing situation at Pleasant Valley Airport, contact Max Roetsler 509-714-8228. The situation there seems fluid and dynamic at the moment.

For ElTiro, even though they do not have published operations during the week, folks do come out and fly during the week on occasion after making arrangements with a tow pilot. You might want to touch base with Mike Moore (operations Chairman) to find out if there are any other operational requirements and scope out the list of tow pilots and reach out to a few of them to see who might be willing to make an arrangement that suits your record attempt requirements. Mike and the tow pilots contact info can be found on the e-mail/membership list on Schedule-Now.com.

Good luck with your record attempt !!

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 3 July 2017 19:07
El Tiro stopped Wednesday flying the end of May. So right now ops are on Friday Thur Sunday.
Steve KoernerReply: posted - 3 July 2017 9:48
I can answer half of my own question now.

Jeanine called back. Said they are working on getting a tow service going but it could be a month or so.

Can anyone advise me about towing out of El Tiro? Tomorrow (tues) looks like a record day. There probably is no operations on Tuesday but I know the schedule changes from time to time.

Steve KoernerStart of thread: posted - 2 July 2017 12:44
I got a recording when I called Turf today. It's looking like potential record weather brewing in the next few days. Does anyone know what the current scheme of things might be at Turf? Are there tows? What days? Who to contact?

Gary Boggs indicates that he isn't quite ready to tow yet at Cottonwood.

Estrella is great but not so well located for record flying.

El Tiro is positioned better. Can anyone tell me what days of the week are operating days at El Tiro and how I might try to arrange for a record attempt tow on the afternoon of the day before a flight?

Thanks.

Log on to post a reply !