LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | ┬Ąt_page=1 | Subject:Sampley contest weekend 28-30 Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
lmurrayReply: posted - 3 May 2017 4:13
Thanks to Cliff and Rose Hilty, Harry Smith and all those who made this a great event. My son Jim and I enjoyed meeting new flyers and seeing old friends. We learned some things about tieing down in wind that will be useful and became familiar with Sampley's. I hope to fly there next season. Winds were the reason I didn't fly this year.
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 30 April 2017 17:11
Thanks Bob, Sunday was not as good but reasonable for April
Saturday was good once you got to the clouds. I saw 15k once and 14 was common. Rose did a bang up job on Dinner Saturday night and we had about 15 people eat. Let's get a good turnout in TUSC for memorial day weekend. Their OLC Camp starts on the 19th and open to all!
Bob ThompsonReply: posted - 29 April 2017 19:01
Great flight Cliff!
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 29 April 2017 7:28
Pulled pork, baked beans and macaroni salad for dinner courtesy of Rose on the Menu tonight!
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 28 April 2017 21:41
Weather is looking good for tomorrow and Sunday, pilots meeting at 10:30 at Harry's hangar!

CH Ventus B
"If were all just dust in the wind, I want to be at the top of a HUGE Dust Devil"

Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 28 April 2017 20:34
Not sure of address but cross streets are Eagle eye and Alvin. In Aguila eagle eye is the first turn west of Woody's gas station go south 1 mile right on Alvin.
lmurrayReply: posted - 28 April 2017 20:00
Is there a street address for Sampley's? I'm thinking of my GPS.
Lee
Michael StringfellowReply: posted - 27 April 2017 20:55
Indeed, Friday will be too windy for flying - but no bugs!

I am predicting that Saturday will be a very good day. Unstable air and some moisture behind the front will give strong thermals, decent high lift and good coverage of cumulus. GFS predicts winds at 20 knots, but other models have it moderating to 12 to 15 - I think they are more likely to be right. An early start should be possible.

Mike the Strike

Ventus 2bx WA

Steve KoernerReply: posted - 27 April 2017 17:33
Darn it. Forecast has Friday way too windy for my druthers.

At the moment it looks like Saturday could be good if the wind forecast would decline a bit to something reasonable. Saturday is a maybe for me at this point.

Christopher AniolReply: posted - 26 April 2017 20:47
Change of plans. CA1 will be there late Friday.
jsilvasiReply: posted - 26 April 2017 11:48
Tents/RVs at Sampley around Cliffs Hangar. Or, closest hotels are in Wickenburg 25Mi East on US 60.

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

lmurrayReply: posted - 25 April 2017 13:16
Is there a place to stay not too far from Sampley's?
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 24 April 2017 20:28
Thanks Mike, I saw ovc on Friday but then closer look says it should be good. Please keep us informed!

CH Ventus B
"If were all just dust in the wind, I want to be at the top of a HUGE Dust Devil"

Michael StringfellowReply: posted - 24 April 2017 7:37
I can't make the contest, but will keep an eye on the weather for you.

Current forecasts are suggesting that Friday and possibly also Saturday could be very windy as a low pressure system moves across northern Arizona. The system will bring in some moisture and cooler, unstable air, so potentially good soaring if the wind isn't problematic.

Nice and cool for camping and the breeze will keep any bugs down!

Mike the Strike

Ventus 2bx WA

andy78rgReply: posted - 23 April 2017 8:56
AC I planned to be there maybe Friday but for sure Saturday and Sunday, like dust in the wind
This thread is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Log on to post a reply !