LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | ┬Ąt_page=1 | Subject:2017 Contest Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 5 April 2017 14:11
If you don't have one use this one: http://soaringweb.org/TP/ASA/files.html

You may have to copy and paste

Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 5 April 2017 14:03
Whatever database you have will work. If I call a task it will be by name not number so no worries. I think Joe is working on a new database as we speak

CH Ventus B
"If were all just dust in the wind, I want to be at the top of a HUGE Dust Devil"

lmurrayReply: posted - 5 April 2017 13:29
Is the latest turn point database posted yet?

Snobird

Christopher AniolReply: posted - 27 March 2017 19:49
I like it! Count me in.
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 27 March 2017 16:24
I am reposting here for those (like me) that dont read the articles just the discussion forum:
Howdy fellow ASA'ers I have been tasked, or should I say I volunteered to run the ASA contest series. To that end I have come up with a tentative schedule and NO RULES!

First of all it's main purpose is to get together and fly. If you want to fly around the flagpole then do so, if you want to race, I will call a task (or let someone do it) and who ever wants to race can. If you want to fly all day and put up some OLC points so be it!

We will plan on a BBQ and pot luck each Saturday of the schedule. BYOB of course. The ASA will provide the meat. So bring your crews and significant others and tell some lies about your flight!

The board has decided not to collect contest fees this year as we did not use last year's money on prizes and has refunded any fees already collected. I will try and come up with daily awards, but not necessarily for performance. Perhaps for the longest air time or highest altitude gain. This is still under consideration and any input will be helpful.

The schedule is as follows:
April 28, 29, 30Sampley
May 26, 27, 28, 29?El Tiro
Sept 1, 2, 3, 4.Sampley
Sept 22, 23, 24.Lake Pleasant
Other dates are open if desired.

Note: I have included Fridays in all the weekend schedule but that will depend on participation. Also the weekend of Memorial day is in conjunction with El Tiro's OLC camp which starts the 19th Friday before and continues thru Memorial day. They may not have a crew set up for memorial day and TuSC guest membership rules apply.

In summary: Let's all come out and fly together have fun and be safe!

CH

jsilvasiStart of thread: posted - 27 March 2017 6:20
Cliff has announced the 2017 Contest season. Use this thread to post your comments and suggestions.

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

Log on to post a reply !