LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | ┬Ąt_page=1 | Subject:Roy Coulliette Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 13 March 2017 9:41
I too am out of town and due to the short notice won't be attending. I learned to fly at Turf and did many rides for Turf immediately after. I worked 10 min away and would often go over after work and spent many an hour talking and getting to know Roy. He told stories of his early days even before he set up at Turf Paradise. He has asthma and became a respiratory therapist to better understand his condition. And after Moving to Pleasant Valley he had horses even though he was critically allergic to them quite the Man this is the end of an Era! You will be missed! "You could soar a brick! Strong thermals my friend!
Nigel CrippsReply: posted - 11 March 2017 0:32
Sad to hear of Roy's passing, I'd want to attend the funeral but am away from AZ and unable to return. When I arrived at Turf in 2000 Roy was still very much in control at Turf and took a keen interest in ASA's activities there. Even in recent years while mine was one of the few sailplanes still based at PVA, he would always come over to the 'ASA side' to chat about what we could do to bring back the heydays of what was once a vibrant sailplane racing location. I admired his resilience in the face of the several setbacks suffered in later years.

Michael StringfellowStart of thread: posted - 10 March 2017 9:03
Long time owner and operator of Turf Soaring passed away on Wednesday March 8 at age 75.

Roy M Coulliette

VISITATION: Monday, March 13, 2017, 9:00 – 10:00 a.m., LDS Church of Peoria, 9543 West Jomax Road, Peoria, Arizona 85383

FUNERAL CEREMONY: Monday, March 13, 2017, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., LDS Church of Peoria, 9543 West Jomax Road, Peoria, Arizona 85383

GRAVESIDE SERVICE: Monday, March 13, 3017, 1:30 – 2:00 p.m., Queen of Heaven Cemetery, 1500 East Baseline Road, Mesa, Arizona 85204

Mike the Strike

Ventus 2bx WA

Log on to post a reply !