LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | ┬Ąt_page=1 | Subject:2017 glider annual inspection day Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
jsilvasiReply: posted - 26 March 2017 6:27
We had a beautiful day for Harry Smith to conduct inspections yesterday ! To the best of my recollection, the following gliders attended:

AC
CH
GW
J8
OD2
QRP
Elijah Brown
Bruce Rosenthal

My apologies if I missed anyone ! A few other notables stopped by to gab while the inspections were being conducted: AJ, CA1, & MM. Some of us hung around to have the best burgers I've ever had (courtesy of the ASA) from the Wild Horse Saloon. A fun time was had by all reminiscing about years past and hopes for the upcoming 2017 soaring season.

Thanx everyone for making this a successful event !!

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

tholloranReply: posted - 24 March 2017 14:30
TWH will not attend. Wife is sick
Christopher AniolReply: posted - 22 March 2017 12:10
CA1 will not attend. Glider is still being worked on.
tholloranReply: posted - 22 March 2017 8:47
TWH may be there. Had to return to AZ from Florida with some vario issues.
andy78rgReply: posted - 22 March 2017 8:34
I will be there with AC, Andy
Steve KoernerReply: posted - 15 March 2017 16:16
Please expect 1 glider for GW
jsilvasiReply: posted - 15 March 2017 7:24
UPDATE: I've spoken with Warren from Express Avionics and he WILL BE at Pleasant Valley Airport on Saturday March 25th to perform transponder recertifications for anyone needing one.

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

jsilvasiReply: posted - 13 March 2017 10:19
So far I have the following pilots noted:

GW - 2 gliders
CH
OD2
J8
QRP
CA1 - with Transponder
Elijah Brown
Bruce Rosenthal

I am still waiting to hear from Express Avionics, but with only 1 transponder recent required, I'm not sure that Warren will be able to make it worthwhile to come out. Chris, yo may need to do the transponder cert under your own arrangement.

The ASA Board has voted to buy lunch (hamburger/cheesburger/hotdog & fixing) from the Saloon across the street for pilots who have their glider inspected at Pleasant Valley Airport on the 25th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 9 March 2017 8:53
Also add, Bruce Rosenthal pegase
lmurrayReply: posted - 7 March 2017 15:22
Thanks for responding. I called Harry and we agreed to get together after I get back from my vacation. He lives in Glendale so I can pick a place that works for both of us.

Lee

jsilvasiReply: posted - 6 March 2017 12:59
OK, I'm waiting to hear back from Warren at Express Avionics on transponder recerts for the 25th to see how many commitments he needs to justify coming out for the event.

So far I only see CA1 as needing a transponder recertification. If there are others, please pipe up !

Lee - Sorry you can't make it. Harry's number is 928-707-2003 if you'd like to make an alternate arrangement.

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

Christopher AniolReply: posted - 6 March 2017 8:55
CA1 needs transponder also.
lmurrayReply: posted - 6 March 2017 8:43
Drats! I'm on vacation during the inspection day. My transponder was checked last year. I wonder if Harry will do my glider if I tow it to his hangar? Do you have a contact number for Harry?
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 1 March 2017 7:21
Elijah Brown would like to participate as well. ASW-15
jsilvasiReply: posted - 1 March 2017 6:38
QRP - no transponder.

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

This thread is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Log on to post a reply !