LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | ┬Ąt_page=1 | Subject:Sampleys contest results Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 29 September 2016 9:13
I like the grand Prix style and would support it going forward from here but also like the more traditional racing maybe a mix?
Tom DukerichReply: posted - 26 September 2016 15:01
Awesome job! I was so disappointed that I could not attend.

My only complaint is that we need more folks to get Spot or DeLORME so that I could have watched on GP Map.

Steve KoernerStart of thread: posted - 26 September 2016 12:50
Past weekend at Sampleys was a great success. We had a good turnout of contestants and non-contestant. Thanks to all who attended and to Harry for towing and Cliff for the use of his hangar.

Weather was somewhat challenging as is evident in the scores. Yet I'm pretty sure we all had fun trying.

The handicap grand prix format seemed to work. I'm wondering what other folks are thinking about the format -- whether it should continue next year and any possible improvements.

One thing that became evident to me is that a longer time has to be allowed for the last launchers to get up as compared to SSA style racing. I'd been allowing about 25 minutes and that wasn't really enough; the protocol should probably be more like 35 minutes after last release from tow. Also we need a dedicated scoreboard on site - I'm visualizing a board with movable chits. After landing, pilot goes to the board writes down his own finish time and shuffles the chits accordingly (could be on a computer, but that's no fun).

contest results at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_X0Wzn5Wi43bmtrd0tWdEZlSFE/view?usp=sharing

Log on to post a reply !