LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | ┬Ąt_page=1 | Subject:Sept 24,25 weekend race at Sampleys Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
Steve KoernerReply: posted - 21 September 2016 18:08
Blake -- Glad you have flarm going. I will be CD. My number is 480.221.4674.

I don't think the web address is your Spot ID number. I'd suggest that the most important thing now is make sure your tracker is registered on the SSA tracker. I think that's where anyone would likely start looking for you.

Turnpoint database is 2012TURF

Good questions. Thanks.

Blake SeeseReply: posted - 21 September 2016 10:20
I hope everyone racing with PowerFlarm will update their Flarmview database prior to this weekend, I would like to see if I have everything set up correctly again on 3Y.
Blake SeeseReply: posted - 21 September 2016 9:36
Which turnpoint data base will we use for this race?

Blake
3Y

Blake SeeseReply: posted - 21 September 2016 9:23
Hello All,

I will most likely be at samply's on Friday (unless my stiff neck doesn't go away) I have a couple questions about the race:

1. Who is CD, and is there a phone number or email I should put in my spot?

2. On my profile, there is a place for a spot ID, would this be my shared spot page?

Thanks,
Blake
3Y

Steve KoernerReply: posted - 20 September 2016 20:57
Please review the one page rules to Handicap Grand Prix located here on the website.

Also, please know your glider handicap radius before arriving at the airport. Determining your radius at the airfield could be problematic if it happens that there's no WiFi. The rules document has a blue link to a document that provides information regarding determining your turnpoint radius. It's not complicated; but if anyone has an issue with this, please let me know before Saturday so that I can help you.

Steve KoernerReply: posted - 16 September 2016 17:12
Definitely enough interest in flying Friday. Harry will be towing on Friday.
jimwReply: posted - 15 September 2016 18:53
I'll fly on Friday.

Jim Whitelaw J8

Christopher AniolReply: posted - 15 September 2016 15:44
I plan on being there Friday before noon and fly if possible.
jsilvasiReply: posted - 14 September 2016 16:36
I'd love to fly on Friday as well. Anyone else gonna join me and Randy ??

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

RandyReply: posted - 14 September 2016 11:09
I spoke with Cliff. He thought Harry would tow Friday if we have enough people but hadn't checked yet. I won't arrive until 1230 or 1:00 but would fly Friday if able.

Randy Acree "AV8"

Steve KoernerReply: posted - 11 September 2016 7:19
Tom - I didn't make any arrangement for Harry to be there on Friday; sorry.
Tom DukerichReply: posted - 10 September 2016 17:21
Will there be flying on Friday?
Steve KoernerReply: posted - 6 September 2016 16:22
Harry was updated today. We now have 7 signed up online and two more who have emailed me that they'll be coming: Justin Rizor and Blake Seese. So, nine so far.

Best to bring cash to pay Harry - $45 per 2000 ft tow.

Barring objection from the peanut gallery, we will make this weekend stand alone and crown a Fall series ASA winner. So this year's racing will comprise a Spring and Fall series. This seems appropriate because so much time has lapsed since the last event and because it is a substantially different set of participants.

Steve KoernerReply: posted - 21 August 2016 17:05
Just two days into the signup and 5 guys have indicated to me that they're coming. This will be the ASA event not to miss.
Steve KoernerStart of thread: posted - 20 August 2016 14:04
This will be the last Hurrah for the season and it will be great.

Bring your glider and plan to race Grand Prix style with very very simple rules and immediate scoring.

We'll plan a BBQ of some sort on the field Sat night (details TBD).

Harry has agreed to tow with a minimum of 4 or 5 participants. Though I expect more will show, let's have early signups so that we can provide Harry with that assurance well in advance.

Log on to post a reply !