LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | ┬Ąt_page=1 | Subject:Sailplane Grand Prix 2.0 April 9-10 Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
jsilvasiReply: posted - 8 April 2016 19:42
I have taken the liberty to remove all posts from this thread that were related to the out of line direction that the thread was going and contradictory to the stated purpose of the ASA and the Discussion Forum. I will leave the warning I posted as a reminder to all that posts of this nature have no place in this forum.

======================================================================

**** !!! CONSIDER THIS A WARNING !!! ****

As BOARD MEMBER, Webmaster and moderator of the discussion forum, the rest of the Board and I will not tolerate excursions away from the purpose of this forum which is to communicate topics of interest to soaring pilots, contesting, cross country, turn points, safety and the ASA.

Flaming, personal attacks and argumentative posts which do not serve this end and are counter productive to this stated purpose and ==> should be made elsewhere <== at your discretion !!

We went down that path over 2 years ago and because of nature of those posts the Board made the decision to make this a closed forum. Posts such as these do no good for the individuals, the ASA and Soaring. Recently, several members requested that the Board reconsider that position and return the discussion forum to an open format so that other non-ASA pilots and interested parties could garner information from our forum and so it was changed.

I WILL NOT HESITATE TO RE-CLOSE THIS FORUM AND DELETE OFFENSIVE POSTS SHOULD WE DEGRADE IN THAT DIRECTION YET AGAIN NOR WILL I HESITATE TO REMOVE INDIVIDUAL ACCESS TO THIS SITE IF I FEEL IT APPROPRIATE AND NECESSARY TO CURTAIL ERRANT ACTIVITY !!!

PLEASE !! Observe a modicum of decency and fairness to all. YOU never know who is looking at and reading your posts. What kind of impression do you really want to leave with other pilots, wives and children who come across your posts ?? The decision is yours - act and post accordingly.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

Steve KoernerReply: posted - 8 April 2016 6:59
If you have a Powerflarm unit please be sure to update to version 6.xx. Last years software will not function with current software.
Steve KoernerReply: posted - 7 April 2016 11:37
Completion prizes are planned this year. If you complete either the A task or the B task on Saturday and are present at the following Sunday morning meeting you may be awarded a completion prize! Hope this adds to the fun factor for all.

The present Dr Jack forecast for Saturday shows 600 ft/min with a few scattered cu at 9000'.

Steve KoernerStart of thread: posted - 31 March 2016 21:41
Below is a link to the one page rules and protocol for our sailplane grand prix event:

https://goo.gl/grRoO9
(maybe Joe will find a nicer place for this on the website)

Please reply here if you have questions.

If you have any suggested changes please do that with private email to me.

Please signup at the Grand Prix link in the website banner.

I'm looking forward to a great turnout to this fun event. We'd all be especially delighted to have some outside of Phoenix area members join us for the weekend too.

Pilots' meeting at 10:00 AM under the big tree at Pleasant Valley Airport. Please be assembled in advance of the meeting. Water ballast is permitted.

Information regarding the Saturday night barbeque will be forthcoming.

Be sure to have the ASA Turf 2012 database loaded in your computer as well as the ASA 2012 airspace file. Please also know your glider's turnpoint radius from the docs here.

Log on to post a reply !